Just for a special occasion




This is the pictures of my display of the domestic paradise project. For this project I made A necklace and pair of earrings for a tree that light up. The piece is called 'Just for a special occasion' The piece represents pearls and I feel pearls are usually only worn for a special occasion. The necklace and earrings are made from string wrapped round balloons in cornflour glue and water and left to set. ( might not last for a long period outside, hence just for a special occasion.) The large jump rings and earring attachments are made from etched brass which has then been satinised and patinated etched brass. These rings had been put in saturated sawdust with 3 parts ammonia to one part vinegar and left for 24hours creating this blue rustic look. Hopefully soon I will be able to get out and take photos of my piece on a real tree but due to lovely scottish weather I've not had the chance yet.

Comments

Popular Posts